expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

24 Apr 2013

New Drugstore Buys!

I have been absolutely raiding Boots and Superdrug recently, these are just a few of the things that I have a good chance to try out.


Now i was a bit skeptical about the new Nude Magique CC Creams, in all honesty i didn't have high hopes. However, i was pleasantly surprised. I only used a small amount on the back of my hand and used the Real Techniques buffing brush to blend it in. I found that not only did it cover redness that i tend to get on my cheeks but it gave a really nice amount of coverage elsewhere. The only thing i would say is that there is only one colour. I have neutral but not too pale skin so if you are really pale, or tanned this may not be great as an all over product. I only ever tried it once on red patches under my foundation and it looked cakey and the colour buildup meant that i nearly left the house looking very similar to a tangerine. For me its the perfect colour but i definitely recommend testing in store. 

One thing this season that i was really excited about were the Garnier Moisture Match range. I picked up the dull skin gel. I was looking forward to trying a moisturiser that differed from a cream consistency  which i am used to. I really liked the smell and the fact that it was fast absorbing, there's nothing worse in my opinion than waiting for sticky moisturiser to dry before applying your makeup.
I didn't notice a huge difference in the brightness of my skin but i have enjoyed using it so far. I can't se myself repurchasing this in the future, simply because i didn't see much difference in the brightness of my skin. So i'm still on the lookout if anyone has any suggestions!

Of course i had to pick up one of the Loreal Glam Shine Stain Splash lip stains. I bought 101 - Lolita which is a really lovely pinky nude shade with gold flecks of shimmer. It applies so smoothly and as the  advert states, feels like water when you first apply it, in fact, the first time i tried it i didn't have a mirror to hand and i thought that it was going to be really sheer due to the consistency but i was very pleased with the pigmentation of the product. I honestly can't think of any negatives for these stains. 

I was really intrigued by the Loreal False Lash Flutter mascara advert so when i was in Boots i decided to pick it up. Since my lashes are completely pathetic, no length, no volume, i usually need a couple of different mascaras and a lot of coats to give any effect. Although this did seem to add some length, it wasn't really what i was expecting and didn't give the winged effect i was hoping for, It did seperate my lashes and i really liked the wand design, maybe it's just my awful lashes but i am sticking to my maybelline one by one for now i think. 
Again, any suggestions would be great as i'm always on the look out for mascara!

Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?

LOVE
Leesha
xx

5 comments:

  1. lovely review. I love the L'Oreal Lipstain! It's beautiful and does the work as it's said.

    and wow, now they come out with CC cream in different brands eh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I love them!! Gonna have to pick up a few more i think! Yeah i got the anti redness one but theres a few more too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Benefit They're real mascara if this helps.. it is the best i have ever tried and you can get it in debenhams.. it's a little pricey and took me a while to justify buying it but now i have it i have no regrets :L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I've been eyeing it up for so long! Been through so many tubes of Bad Gal and got bored of it. Looks like I'm gonna have to try and talk my conscience round! Thanks :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been dying to try to L'Oreal lip stain! I have a medium complextion so I've been kind of iffy about it. I really want to try out now! I've heard too many good things about it, that I can't resist anymore. You have a great blog :)

    http://elizabethvasquezreveals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete